Employees who feel that their manager supports them in their development show more growth and perform better than other employees. To support them in their development, managers need to have insights into the unique development opportunities and room for growth per employee. After all, how wonderful is it if your manager sees your potential and encourages you to develop it further?
Under the direction of Professor Marianne van Woerkom of Tilburg University, we will soon launch a research project on how managers spot development opportunities in their employees. The goals is to explore efficient ways of stimulating managerial coaching behaviors. The research will start in February 2022 and will last until April 2022. The research will be anonymous; completed data cannot be traced back to the participant.
Do you want to participate in this research project?
Any manager who meets the following conditions can participate:
- You lead a group of at least 5 employees
- You are responsible for managing and developing these employees
- You have been leading this group for at least 6 months.
- You have contact with your employees at least once every two weeks; this can also be by e-mail, WhatsApp or virtual meetings.
What is expected of you?
Participating in this research project means that you do the following:
- You watch three, brief online webinars and complete a few exercises (duration: maximum of 1 hour per week, for a period of 3 weeks)
- You fill in a questionnaire three times (duration: max 15 minutes per questionnaire)
- The webinars and exercises can be watched and performed at a time of your choice during each of the three weeks.
What are the benefits for you as a manager?
- You will learn effective evidence-based ways to discover the most relevant development opportunities of your employees and thus effectively stimulate their functioning and development.
- You gain insight into your coaching skills as a manager
- You get the results of the research
If you want to participate in the study, please send an email to Valesca Tobias at email@example.com. She will then contact you to tell you more about the study and to schedule a starting date.
Materials pertaining to this research project are available in Dutch as well as in English.